LOCAL YOUTH CLUB GRANT SCHEME 2020
The Scheme supports voluntary youth club/group activities for young people; with priority given to clubs/groups catering for young people aged 10 – 21. The primary focus of the Scheme is to assist local volunteer-led youth clubs/groups that provide a programme of youth work activities for young people. In addition, other clubs/groups that work with young people, but are not specifically providing youth work, are also entitled to apply for funding under this scheme.
Please note: Clubs/Groups whose primary focus is sport are not eligible to receive funding under the terms of this Scheme.
Information and Closing date:
Completed Application Forms must be returned to the WWETB by Wednesday 29th April 2020 at 5pm. Application Forms should be returned electronically by email to Youthworkaffairs@wwetb.ie
Electronic applications will only be accepted. WWETB will not have the facilities to process hard copies through the post or dropped to any of our offices. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ADHERED TO WITH NO EXCEPTIONS.
Also please note that due to the COVID-19 situation, we can confirm that signatures can be an electronic signature/typed. Please keep a hard copy signed as we may look for this once everything has settled. If you have submitted your Club Report Form for 2019 please ignore page 16 which contains the Club Report Form. Applications should be fully completed, and any relevant information should be also submitted along with your application form.
Late applications will not be accepted.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS GUIDANCE NOTE AND FORM
For further information please contact the relevant area:
|Co. Waterford||Waterford City||Co. Wexford|
|Martin Fitzgerald||Trina Tsai||Anna Doyle|
|058-51433053||051-301500 ext 7596||053-9123799 ext 157|
WWETB Youth Work Committee stakeholder consultation
Waterford and Wexford Education and Training Board as part of ETB Act 2013 supports the: coordination, provision, assessment and administration of Youth Work.
Youth Work is defined in the Youth Work Act 2001 as:
A planned programme of education designed for the purpose of aiding and enhancing the personal and social development of young persons through their voluntary participation, and which is
(a) Complementary to their formal, academic or vocational education and training; and
(b) Provided primarily by voluntary youth work organisations.
Waterford and Wexford Education and Training Board has established the Youth Work Committee to advise on its functions in relation to Youth Work. The Committee are looking to develop a Youth Work Plan.
Aim of consultation
1. To identify areas where the Youth Work Committee can add value to the provision of Youth work services in Counties Waterford and Wexford.
2. To identify gaps that exist currently in terms of needs of young people where a Youth Work response would make significant impact on improved outcomes for young people
3. To identify thematic and geographical areas that stakeholders identify as priority areas for Youth Work responses
Contribution to plan
Interested individuals or organisations are invited to contribute to the development of the plan by commenting on the following:
• how Youth Work as an non formal educational process and as defined above could contribute to meeting the needs of young people in their area
• What are the personal, social and community needs of young people or youth groups in an area that the ETB Youth Work Committee could support the provision of services in meeting these needs.
• The Youth Work plan is about Youth Work i.e., non-formal educational responses and is NOT about:
social work interventions,
Interventions which are primarily sporting or recreational
• The development of psychical infrastructural projects such as community or youth facilities would be beyond the scope of the Youth Work Committee but it may be able to support the development of these.
• The delivery of the Youth Work plan will be dependent on resources becoming available nationally and locally and the more creative use of existing resources will be explored in the short term.
Interested parties should make submissions in writing to the WWETB Youth Work Committee C/O Martin Fitzgerald, WWETB Dungarvan Office, F13 The Shopping Centre, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford X35 DE93 or to email@example.com