At Selskar College we have put together an educational, pastoral and extra-curricular programme that takes account of the fact that students have many different needs and different ways of learning. We don’t operate a ‘one size fits all’ curriculum. We don’t just have one type of Junior Certificate – we offer two. We don’t just have one type of Leaving Certificate – we offer three. Many of our students progress to Further and Higher Education and to direct employment. We also offer a wide range of Further Education Courses for school leavers and mature students. Please take some time to browse through our site. Should you wish to get more information or if you want to visit the college, please telephone or email us and we will be happy to assist.
What we offer…
- Highly qualified, motivated, innovative and caring teachers.
- Wide range of subjects and education programmes.
- Strong tradition of excellence in practical subjects.
- New modern library with full-time librarian.
- Modern classrooms with integrated technology.
- Well developed student support services including Class Tutors.
- Meitheal support programme for 1stYear students.
- Excellent Career Guidance & Counselling service.
- English language support for international students from qualified TEFL teachers.
- Outstanding Learning support.
- Book Rental Scheme for all students.
- Canteen serving hot and cold food, including free breakfast for all students.
- Inclusive, multi-denominational and intercultural environment.
- Variety of Extra Curricular and Lunchtime Activities including sports teams for Gaelic, Rugby and Soccer.
- Student Council, giving students their voice in the college.
- Annual Gaeltacht Scholarships.
- Linked with University College Dublin through the New ERA (Equal Rights to Access) programme.
- Parents’ room and courses for parents.
We want students at our college to be happy, respected and encouraged to reach their potential. We want them to be active participants in their own education and to develop respect for others and their community. We believe that learning should be fun and that by encouraging respect for each other and valuing the opportunities available we all grow and learn together.
Thinking of doing a course…?
At Selskar College we offer a wide range of Level 5 Further Education Courses for school leavers and mature students. All of our courses are one year full time day courses certified by QQI (Quality and Qualifications Ireland). Successfully completing a Further Education course will:
- Increase your prospects in the employment market
- Help you to gain extra points for entry to third level education through the Higher Education Links Scheme (see separate section for more information)
- Develop your areas of natural talent and ability
- Encourage you to start up your own business
- Give you new life skills
Please take some time to browse through our school’s own website. Should you wish to get further information or visit the college, please telephone or email us and we will be happy to assist. Selskar College is one of 13 Post-Primary and Further Education colleges under the patronage of the new Waterford & Wexford Education and Training Board. Further information on the services provided by the WWETB may be found elsewhere on this website.
|Principal||Ms Denise Lennon Hennessy|
|Deputy Principal||Mr John Connolly|
|Address||Westgate, Wexford, Y35 RY27|